22 October 2016

Disneyland Lolita Day 2016


This was the second year I attended Disneyland Lolita Day. I also went in 2015 which was really fun!

Even though it was right in the middle of midterms, my boyfriend and I trekked down to Los Angeles for a weekend holiday. On Saturday, we went to Universal Studios in Hollywood. On Sunday, we went to Disneyland in Anaheim.

Saturday

I was pumped to be visiting Harry Potter World again! I had gone to the one in Orlando, Florida the summer it opened, but I am such a Potterhead that I had to go again! The lines were definitely shorter, but I was surprised not as many people were there in October. It seemed like the perfect time to be strolling around this fantasy world.

The wait for the castle ride was three hours in Florida - this time it was half that. The ride broke down halfway through, but they let us ride again immediately after with no wait! That was a fabulous deal!

Do you love butterbeer? I do... Nick and I got four! I have to warn you, the frozen ones are less flavorful and just aren't worth the extra charge.

I was thrilled by how many people recognized my dress. Even though it isn't the right train station, I was hoping some people would get it.



Sunday

The main event - Disneyland Lolita Day! Sunday was a blast, even though I didn't get to spend as much time with friends as I'd have liked.

I liked the new meeting place in Fantasyland; it was much less crowded than before. We even got visited by Alice, the Mad Hatter, and the Red Queen! The DLD hosts were so excited to give the characters personalized pins and DLD cards.

Nick and I ate so much food, but we probably walked it all off by the end of the day. Parkhopping over to California Adventures was a mistake though. Even though half of the reason Nick came with me was to ride the Tower of Terror before it got torn down, the line was way too long for either of us to justify riding it.

For my outfit, I really decided comfort over cuteness. I wore my mint Eternal Rose Bouquet dress from Angelic Pretty because it was comfy and I hadn't worn it in forever. I paired it with a snapback decorated with AP pins, some generic cute ankle socks, and my battle jacket. It ended up very cute-punk and a little retro, but I loved how it turned out!






Thank you for reading my blog, it really means a lot. 
If you enjoyed this post, please subscribe to my blog. 
Follow me on Facebook and Instagram for more!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT FORM MESSAGE IS HERE